Terms & ConditionsWe guarantee: to never sell your data, that you will only receive emails from us directly and that you can opt-out or back in at any time.
Our values, terms, and conditions
Welcome to www.babele.co. By accessing and/or using www.babele.co, you are agreeing to comply with the following Terms and Conditions which govern Babele relationship with you in relation to this website. If you do not agree with all of the following, please do not use our website.
- The Website and changes to the Website
- Access and use of the Website
- User Accounts
- User posts
- Use of Website costs
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Personal data protection policy
- Cookies Policy
- Closing the account
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The term “Babele” or “We” or “Us” or “Our” refers to the owner of the website, Babele create together Srl, registered with the Romanian Trade Register under sole identification code no. 33218665, having its headquarters in Str Mitropolit Nifon, no. 13, District 3, București, Romania. The term “Website” refers to www.babele.co. The term “User” or “You” refers to the user or viewer of our Website. The term “Intellectual Property Rights” refers to any trademark, patent, industrial design, copyright, either registered or unregistered. The term “User Posts” refers to all materials and information you post, upload, share, store, or otherwise provide through the Website.
- to be older than 16 years old.
- not to upload or disseminate any files or content for which they do not own or control the intellectual property rights, except where they have received the necessary consents to do so. Where members wish to share files or links on Babele they should ensure prior to uploading them that they do not contain viruses or any other similar programmes that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- not to spam by sending unsolicited (the recipient has not granted permission for the message to be sent) messages that are sent out in bulk. We also do not permit advertising by members, and we do not accept projects such as “get-rich-quick” schemes or “payday loans”. We also do not permit religious preaching. If you have any concerns about the conduct of another member, please contact us. We may remove material posted on the website that we feel is not related to the subject of the website.
- The Website and changes to the Website
We are constantly trying to improve our Services, so these Terms may need to change along with the Services. The Terms may be changed at any time, based on legal or operative requirements, but if they are, we will bring it to your attention by sending a prior notice to all our users by email and on the www.babele.co website.
The Website may contain links to or be accessed from links from other websites having no connection with Babele. The Website shall not be held liable for the content or policies of any third websites. We therefore recommend you to read carefully the Terms and Conditions for each of the website that you visit and use.
The Website contains materials which is owned by or licensed by us. This material includes, but is not limited to design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited unless otherwise expressly agreed upon by Babele.
- Access and use of the Website
The upload of any material or information on our site regarding your projects is at your own risk, for which we will not be liable.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any materials or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. None of the information contained on the Website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by Babele to sell or buy any assets or provide any investment advice or service.
You are not allowed to use the Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any manner which is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and is likely to produce such conduct;
- in order to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any intellectual property rights;
- in order to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials;
- in order to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- in any manner that violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- in order to copy or store any significant portion of the Website content.
We may stop at any time (temporary or definitively) any of the facilities the Website is providing. Also, the Website may be unavailable from time to time due to mechanical, telecommunication, software, hardware and third-party vendor failures, updates and construction. We cannot predict or control when such downtime may occur and cannot control the duration of or be held liable from any damages resulting from such downtime.
- User accounts
In order to have full access to Babele, you are required to sign up for an account, and select a password and user name. However, if you sign-up with Google, you don’t need to select a password and user name.
You have to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself.
You represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding agreement.
If you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of an organization or entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to agree to these Terms and Conditions on that organization or entity behalf and bind them to these Terms and Conditions (in which case, the references to “You” in these Terms and Conditions, except for in this sentence, refer to that organization or entity).
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Website, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations deriving from such interaction are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals, If there is a dispute between users or between you and any third party, you agree that Babele is under no obligation to intervene or to be involved in such dispute.
You cannot assign or transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions without the prior express consent of Babele. We may assign or transfer our rights and obligations without your consent.
Your account is private and should not be used by anyone other than you. You are responsible for all usage or activity of third parties using your account.
If you ascertain an unauthorized use of your account, you must inform Babele immediately. Even if Babele is not liable for the damage caused by the unauthorized use of your account, you may be held responsible for the damage caused to the Website or to third parties by the unauthorized use of your account.
- User Posts
We undertake not to use for marketing and advertising purposes any of the materials or information provided through the User Posts.
When you submit a User Post that is in response to an existing User Post (for example, when you comment on another user’s existing page or post), the sharing and visibility settings of your User Posts (and the license that you grant to Babele) will be tied to the sharing and visibility settings of the existing User Post.
Please note that when you use your sharing settings to grant other users access to your User Post you acknowledge that we cannot prevent those other users from sharing or distributing your User Posts with others.
The aforementioned license is royalty-free, with the maximum period of time permitted by law, assignable and has worldwide coverage.
- Incident management and response
In case of a technical accident, BABELE will communicate to the client’s counterpart the nature of the issue and the activities required to ensure the timely recovery of the systems or assets involved. Three types of priority are established for the application service level agreement, detailed below:
- “Critic priority” includes the total and partial unavailability of a critical application or service; and extreme slowness that causes a drop in performance. The recovery time is 8-16 hours, which includes the identification and resolution of the issue, the recovery of the latest available backup data and the testing of the system before restoring the platform.
- “Serious priority” involves loss of non-transactional services. The recovery is of 2-3 working days.
- “Low priority” involves none of the previous two. The recovery time coincides with the release of the next development sprint (which takes place every 2 weeks).
- Intellectual Property Rights
By accepting the present Terms and Conditions you acknowledge that the materials from the content of the Website may be protected by Intellectual Property Rights.
The user who posts his Intellectual Property Rights works on the Website grants the other users with a non-assignable, non-exclusive, worldwide license, to use the information exclusively for the development of their start-up business, with the maximum period of time permitted by law.
You agree not to disclose, copy, share, reproduce, use, share, transmit, expose, assign, license or used any material posted on the Website for any other purposes than the aforementioned purpose.
When you upload materials on the Website, you agree and warrant that you hold all Intellectual Property Rights or you have obtained a license, the required rights, the consent or any valid approval according to the applicable law to use, reproduce, share, public communicate and disclose on Internet the respective materials.
Babele is not liable, does not allow and does not support in any manner users activity on the Website that may infringe on any third party Intellectual Property Rights. Babele will remove from the Website any content or material where a third party notifies that a certain material breaches the Intellectual Property Rights.
Thus, if you are the owner of an Intellectual Property Right and you consider that any of the materials posted by the users infringes your right, you may send a notice to us, to include the following information:
- Precise identification of the content or material posted on the Website that you consider to infringe your Intellectual Property Rights and that you wish to be removed from the Website;
- Relevant proof to emphasize that you are entitled to act as owner of the Intellectual Property Rights over the content/material;
- Correct and complete information necessary for Babele to contact you: name, phone number, e-mail, address;
- The signature of the Intellectual Property owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
Also, Babele will prohibit the access of users that usually infringe the present Terms and Conditions, being entitled to definitely close the accounts of these users. There is a repeated breach when user has been warned for minimum two times and/or the content posted was removed for minimum two times from the Website because infringing on the Website Terms and Conditions.
Æ8. Personal data protection policy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we comply with the comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”)
8.1 What information do we hold and how will we use it?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Account information: This includes data such as email addresses, usernames, and passwords used for user registration and authentication,
Profile Information: This includes information provided by users to create their profiles, such as names, country, bio, industry expertise, market expertise, skills and competences;
Activity Data: This refers to information about the users’ interactions with the platform, such as the number of accesses, last login date, followed users, followers, comments, emitted likes, received likes, session notes, assigned requests;
Program Data: This includes information related to the programs hosted in the platform, such as program name, curriculum, application forms, companies description, Session notes , CSAT (5 stars) + comment.
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by completing enquiry forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address / location, interests, skills.
- Marketing: We will only send you newsletter if you have given us permission to contact you about BABELE’s work. We do not send out random, untargeted newsletter (spam). Any emails we send you will enable you to opt-out of receiving further emails from us.
- Removing your account. At any time, you can request that we remove your details from our database by contacting us and we will do this without undue delay after receipt of your request. We will retain your IP Address (as through GCP Cloud Logging it’s not possible to delete log records using the API) and we will retain your personal data in backups, for a maximum of 10 days (e.g. after 10 days the back-ups are deleted).
8.2 Use made of the data and legal basis
- We process personal information if the processing is necessary to fulfill our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with the organization of the program you are part of, especially as it pertains to the services which are provided to you via the platform (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR).We process personal information to send you newsletters and email notifications of your activity in the platform, if you have consented to us doing so (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes (according to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR), which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the Website, our services and communications for the benefit of our customers;
- to identify and prevent fraud;
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- to better understand how people interact with our websites;
- to administer the Website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing.
We may use the information we receive and/or collect about you, on the basis of legitimate interest according to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, in order to provide general statistics of the usage of the community you are part of to the program administrator to monitor the effectiveness of the program.
These statistics include:
- Email address
- Registration date
- Last Login date
- # of accesses
- are you part of a project team
- list of owned projects
- list of followed projects
- # Followed Users
- # Followers
- # Comments
- # Likes received
- # Likes given
Statistics regarding projects you may have developed within the program include:
- Development Stage
- Creation Date
- Total # Users
- Team Members
- # of Views
- # Assignments completed
- # Comments received
- # Discussions created
- Last Update
- Total # Updates
8.3 Security Policy
It is BABELE’s policy to:
- Protect its confidential information and those of its customers from internal and external threats;
- Ensure that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information is maintained at all relevant times;
- Ensure that statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations are constantly met; and that access to information is solely granted for justified business needs. In this respect, the cryptographic protocol Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is used to ensure privacy from eavesdropping on public and non-BABELE networks. The data hosting is performed through Google Cloud Services, which meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2.
8.4 Your Rights
- If you wish to see the information we hold on you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us. We shall process your request to access your information and provide this information to you free of charge.
- To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict / object to the processing of your information, please contact us;
- If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority in your place of residence if it is assumed that the processing of personal data is carried out unlawfully.
8.5 Data Processors
Here is a list of data processors:
- Babele create together employees analyzing data statistics mentioned in section 8.2
- Program administrators of your community that have acquired the program service, receiving the data statistics mentioned in section 8.3
- IT service providers (e.g. hosting providers) as data processors who might obtain access to your personal data in the course of their work in case they require the data to render the respective service. These service providers were obliged by us to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and maintain the confidentiality of your data. These service providers are not permitted to pass on your data, except in cases stipulated by law.
In all other cases we will only transmit or disclose data to third parties if mandated by statutory provisions or if the data subject has given his/her consent.
- Cookies policy
- Data Retention and Destruction
10.1 Data Back-ups
BABELE commits to back-up all data arising from the operation of the Platform Service on a weekly basis, and to retain the last ten (10) backups.
10.2 Closing your account
You may delete your account at your sole discretion. When you delete your account, we will stop displaying your User Posts (other than Public User Posts, which may remain fully available) to other users, but it may not be possible to completely delete that content from our records and that your User Posts may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent that they were copied or stored by other users.
We are also free to close your account for any reason, including but not limited to the breach of these Terms and Conditions.
10.3 Data destruction
User data will also be destroyed in case, at the end of the term of a service agreement, the client decides not to renew the service usage.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of the Website and any dispute arising out of or in relation to the use of the present Terms and Conditions shall be settled by the competent courts of Romania in accordance with the laws of Romania.
Babele does not undertake that the Website is suitable or available for use in other jurisdictions. The users accessing or using the Website from other jurisdictions must ensure that by using the Website they do not breach the legislation of the respective jurisdiction.
- Policy Version
This policy was last updated in May 2023.
- Contact Information
This Site is edited by: Babele create together Srl
Str Mitropolit Nifon, nr 13, sector 4, Bucharest, Romania
Company registration number is 33218665